Tuesday, September 4, 2007

4 Writing Prompts

1) Use a sentence starting with the word "I."

-I remember when...
-I had forgotten about...
-I wish I'd never...

2) Find a random picture and make up a story about it. Stock photos are a great source, and at www.fotosearch.com you can do a keyword search for interesting images. Perhaps your keywords could be: balloon, Italian, salad, or snow.

3) Use all the letters of a proper name to create your first sentence.

A few examples:

SHEILA: Sandra Hampton erased Ian's letters again. They weren't exactly letters, since they were emails, but they were...

EDWARD: Every day Whitney allows Ron Denmark to make her feel like losing her religion.

ZOE: Zach owes Ethan. Again. Big time.

4) Write something really off the wall and keep going.

-The first time I married Dan, culottes were still in style.

-Thirty years ago I died giving birth to Imogene Elizabeth Cunningham. At least that was supposed to be her name...

-It was time for my 12:00 feeding.

-The rain in Spain caused pain for Lorraine.

-Four thousand, six hundred, twenty-eight dollars and seventy-two cents ago my integrity was still intact.

-Today when I leave to go to work, I'm not coming back.

-Barbara Bell Bivens believed bad boys belonged behind bars.

No comments: